Updating Spring Batch jobs from 1.0.0.rc1 to 1.0.0.final framework
Migrating from rc1 to final release does not require configuration changes. Following is a list of notable imporovements and/or changes in behavior.
- SimpleStepFactoryBean defaults to commit interval = 1
- SkipLimitStepFactoryBean accepts a list of fatal exceptions (java.lang.Error by default) that cause immediate step failure, regardless of skippable settings.
- Skip and retry are no longer exclusive.
- An exception on read does not cause transaction rollback if the exception is skippable.
- Checked skippable exceptions are skipped correctly
- FlatFileItemWriter buffers output and writes to file only on flush() i.e. at the end of chunk.
- ExitStatusExceptionClassifier interface removed - SimpleExitStatusExceptionClassifier implements JobListener instead.
- ExecutionContext is persisted for the first time before the processing of first chunk starts, so the scenario when job fails before first chunk is commited is no longer special.